PCCEF members and Associates,
The battle over assisted suicide continues to be fought on many fronts. PCCEF encourages you to attend this important meeting.
The International Symposium on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide:
Current Issues Future Directions
Friday, November 30th - Saturday, December 1, 2007
in Toronto, Canada at the Four Points Sheraton - Toronto Airport Hotel.
Organized by: the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition – Canada
Co-Sponsored by: Euthanasia Prevention Coalition - Canada, NOT DEAD YET - USA, Physicians for Compassionate Care Education Foundation - Oregon, Vermont Alliance for Ethical Healthcare - Vermont, Care NOT Killing Alliance - UK, No Less Human, UK.
REGISTRATION and LODGING
• The cost for registering for the Symposium is $189.00 per adult, or $100.00 for students and people with disabilities.
• If you are unable to attend. Please consider donating toward the cost of a student or persons with disabilities, to enable them to attend.
• The cost for the Hotel room is $105 per night. Reserve your room by calling 1-800-368-7764 and ask for the Four Points Sheraton - Toronto Airport. You will need to indicate that you are reserving your room for the Euthanasia Symposium.
• Margaret Somerville, from the McGill Centre for Medicine, Ethics and Law (is the dinner speaker). Somerville is the author of many books including: Death Talk: The case against Euthanasia and Physician-Assisted Suicide.
• Rita Marker, the Executive Director of the International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide. She is also a lawyer and author.
• Wesley J. Smith, attorney for the International Task Force on Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide. Smith is the author of many books including: Forced Exit.
• Hugh Scher, legal counsel for the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition and the former chair of the Council of Canadians with Disabilities Human Rights Committee.
• Dr William Toffler, the national director of Physicians for Compassionate Care Education Foundation in Oregon.
• Diane Coleman and Stephen Drake are the leaders of the disability rights group NOT DEAD YET in the US.
• Dr. Peter Saunders, the director of the Care NOT Killing Alliance in the UK.
• Dr. Bob Orr, the director of the Vermont Alliance for Ethical Health Care in Vermont.
• Catherine Frazee professor of disability studies at Ryerson University in Toronto and the former chair of the Ontario Human Rights Commission (1990 - 95).
• Allison Davis, the director of the disability rights group No Less Human in the UK.
• Bert Dorenbos, the President of Cry for Life in the Netherlands.
• Alex Schadenberg, the Executive Director of the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition in Canada.
For more information contact the Euthanasia Prevention Coalition at: